Saturday, May 16, 2015

It's A String Thing #92

Another week, another challenge.  Worked the String Thing challenge this week.  I wasn't really happy with my first go-round, the colored tile.  So again, this week did a second tile.  Regular tangle - black on white.Challenge was to use Chocobox, Kandy Ribbons, Butter,  & Caykz .  Kandy Ribbons is sort of a tangellation of Echoism.  As much as I have practiced, first Echoism and now Kandy Ribbons, I just can't seem to get the flow of the loops in these patterns.  Thinking about it, I beleive it's because I'm too structured - not great with letting the flow take me where it's going.  As I've always thought, I can be spontaneous as long as it's carefully planned!!  Maybe that's part of my Karma,  learn to let go and go with the flow.  And so as I float down the river of life, I will keep reminding myself - "You don't always have to be treading water or doing a stroke, sometimes it's might be nice to let go, keep your head above water and let the river take you."  Good thought for today.....

1 comment:

  1. I like both of these tiles, but I can definitely relate to the "too structured" voice. I tend to be somewhat the same way. But your designs are flowing nicely, so I think you must have reached a few moments of "zen" there. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete