Thursday, February 18, 2016

Diva Challenge #255 Tangle Journey

Diva Challenge #255

The challenge from the Diva this week was to go back to a tile from your past and see what you make of it now.  Quite the poignant challenge!  The challenge brings to mind a day when I had been looking at pictures of Matt  and then seeing him in the now.  He had been traveling in Australia for several months when I unearthed pictures of him in grade school.  I just missed him so much and spent a few days rooting around, looking at pictures and thinking about him. Out of the blue, he messaged me and we skyped.  When I saw his face come onto the screen with the magic of the world wide inter-web and heard his voice, it occurred to me in a sudden flash, that he was no longer that little boy I had been wistfully looking at a few hours earlier.  When had he changed that much ?
Seems sometimes you have to look at things from a distance to realize the change.

So anyways, on the left,  a tile that I signed on 3/19/15 -roughly a year ago, early in my Zentangle journey.  I did my best to duplicate the string from the original tile - using the light pencil line and tangles for clues.  On the original, I used Mookah, Chillon, Crescent Moon and Eke. 
The second tile, I left out Eke - didn't feel the need to fill every empty space.  Looking at both, I believe I have grown a little.  Not as much as I had hoped when I picked up my first Micron pen.
I had this vision of being Grandma Moses, starting an art career in my old age.  Not there yet, but who knows? Right now, I am satisfied with the peace that tangling brings me, those wistful Zen moments. 

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."

For right now, I think I can.

8 comments:

  1. In this year you developed a style of your own, great to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am my own worst critic - looking through another's eyes softens that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second one has much more personality to it, I think. It's has more depth and feels more alive and bolder. You have definitely grown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback. It is much appreciated!

      Delete
  4. Isn't it fun to see the changes we have all made in our personal styles? Your second tile looks much more relaxed and confident in your strokes. Beautiful and thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun. Thank you for sharing your insights with me!!

      Delete