Friday, July 31, 2015

String Thing challenge #103

Happy Friday!!   It's especially happy - starting on a week of vacation.  A week off the phone queues, a week spent at my favorite place in the whole wide world, RS Lyle, Scout reservation.  Alittle bittersweet, though I have to admit.  After 50 and some odd years, our Council has decided to close this beloved camp.  It has been a beautiful place and home to me each summer for 15 years.  The thought of closing the gates for all time is a thought that is hard to bear.  I am grateful for the opportunities I have found there, the friends I have made, the glorious mornings of waking to the sounds of frogs and eagles.  If my soul chooses a place to linger when I leave this world, I know I will be walking those well worn paths.  That is life - grateful for the time spent - looking forward to other adventures.  Here's my rise to the challenge. Carpe Diem!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely tile! Great choice of tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it how you have arranged the patterns into the string! It was a lovely challenge!

    ReplyDelete