Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Diva Challenge#230

 
 
 
Home again from a glorious week of camping at my favorite Scout camp.  Had a chance to check out last week's challenge but due to challenges raised by camping for a week with 22 scouts and a handful of parents needing to learn the ropes of stepping back, I only viewed results - no submissions from me. It was an awesome week and I did take some time every day to tangle in between rain, cooking on a campfire, fielding questions and making suggestions.  Love it, love it!  So, this is my very first Zendala - never been brave enough to try one yet.  Breaking in some new gel pens - loved it.  Thanks to Erin for being guest blogger and posting an awesome challenge! Carpe Diem!!
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Lovely bright contrast of colors and nice line work. Great job. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to try new pens? The colors are so pretty, and I love the way you shaded and blended them. Did you just use water on gel pens? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all!! Antoinine, I used Derwent's Inktense pencils to do the shading. They are my current favorite for shading, tangling in color. You can use them dry, with a blender, or with water (like a watercolor pencil) They are so lovely to work with and give intense color. If you haven't tried them, you must!! Thank you, again, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, your first zendala ans .... it turned out beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your first zendala, beautiful bright colours!

    ReplyDelete