Saturday, November 7, 2015

Zendala Dare #115

 Zendala Dare  #115 at the Bright Owl
 
My second attempt at a Zendala and the first time I'm posting it to the challenge at the Bright Owl.
I have to admit a Zendala seemed like a huge challenge - I looked at the template for 2 days.
My thoughts - how can I possibly fill this template and have it not look incredibly busy.  Slept on it and took a new look and had an Ah-hah moment.  Sand cried out to me for the pointy spots.
The rest flowed from there.  Fun, challenging and found an incredible Zen space of time while I was letting the tangles flow onto the paper.  This challenge called for tangles starting with the letters T-H-A-N-K-S.  I used Sand, Sand Swirl, Tipple. Tearce and Taghpolz.  Thanks for putting this challenge out there.
 
 

7 comments:

  1. This turned out beautifully! I like how you used Tipple to tie it all together, and the color is such a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your use of color to make things pop. I also admire you for taking the two new tangles and using them so artistically. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm going back to the drawing board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice tile! So powerful and fantastic colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, this is beautiful! I love all of the Tipple in the center area! That's a lot of circles, but they always look so nice wherever they are placed! Great choice of tangles! I had to giggle when you said you slept on thinking about this template. I have done that unconsciously too! Thank you so much for the kind words on my blogpost. It's so nice that we all inspire each other!!! Have a great weekend and we'll see you next week! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like this zendala and the tangles and the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKS for posting your tile for us to admire! It is very nice, especially with the color. I was a bit intimidated this week, too! But I find that the Zendalas, although they require more time, generally relax me more once I get started. Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful zendala with those colours of autumn! Great choice of tangles, too!

    ReplyDelete