Saturday, April 18, 2015

Gotta Catch Em All.

Pika!!

Weekly Challenge #213
Spent a lot of time this week raking and burning the fall and winter's accumulation of leaves.  So sadly, carpal tunnel in both hands is going bonkers as a result.  Started the diva challenge early on in the week, but a consequence of carpal tunnel, besides pain, numbness and tingling, is a crazy loss of control of your hands.  Sigh.  I'm just about done with major cleanup so looking forward to CT going back to dormant stage.  Hope it's soon or I may have to really reconsider surgery to fix them.  Such is life.  This is the best of strings from things that I found.  Inspired by Pikachu - ok with the results. 

4 comments:

  1. I remember Pikachu!
    When my son was little he got a sweater with Pikachus picture on it as a gift. It was already used and nearly not big enough for my son to wear but he loved this sweater for months. When he couldn't wear it to kindergarden or school (he got it during the sommer he had to leave kindergarden to go to school) he went to bed with it. Such sweet memories *sigh*
    Sorry to hear about your CT. I hope you can get some rest for your hands so you won't need a surgery!
    Your tile looks lovely as if you hadn't had problems. I like your choice of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks and yes, those as so sweet memories!! I am my own worst critic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that you used Pikachu for your string. It turned out beautifully. Your tangles work very well together and are very well done. I'm sorry about your CT. I had surgery only on my right wrist and I had hoped for more relief, but that was several years back. Take care and rest your hands when you need to and try to put an ice pack under your wrists when you are doing computer work. It always helped mine and may help your too. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun string you created! Am so sorry your hands are hurting...glucosamine cream helps. Have you tried it? A lot of people are using it these days for aches and pains...I have a lotion which has glucosamine, arnica and MSM in it. Mostly use it on sore feet at night, but in the AM pain is totally gone and I am without pain in the night. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete