Thursday, April 23, 2015

Diva Challenge #214....Amanda Day.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Well, it's been a beautiful week.  The weather is improving daily.  I spent most of last week working on getting patches of grass planted, just in time for it to start raining on Sunday.  The rain is welcome - keeps me from having to water those grass patches everyday.  So this week, I'm watching for those tiny little grass sprouts - still waiting.  In other news, a lot of the perennials that I planted last summer appear to be coming in.  I'm not the most accomplished gardener, having really just found the time for it in the last few years, but there is a wonderful sense of pride that comes with seeing your garden return and evolve.  The Diva's challenge this week couldn't have been better timed!  I used a 6" tile and decided to see what I could do with my personal calligraphy script that I started using (and that to has evolved) at least 10 years ago.  My 8th grade teacher, Ms. Betz, started me on a love of lettering more years ago than I care to count.  Also, got to use the new watercolor pencils I picked up.  All in all, I''m pretty happy with the results.  Thanks to all of you fellow Zentanglers for inspiration and support for this newbie.  It really is a wonderful life!!  Carpe Diem.
 
Side Note:  Wasn't intended, but the Shattuck pattern near the middle kind of reminds me of a heart.  What do you think?  Happy coincidence !!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. The color in your tile is beautiful. Love how you tangle out of the ordinary.

      Delete
  2. Your tribute to Earth/Amanda Day is lovely. Yes, I agree your shattuck has a heart feel to it. Your gardening is really a nice tribute to the event as well. I love this time of year, with everything turning green. Lucky you to have rain...we are in drought conditions here in So. Cal. Enjoy your moisture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Lynne. I loved yours as well. Your toppled trees are awesome. Love how you think out of the box.

      Delete